Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just pray.

Things have been quite crazy recently. I'm leaving tomorrow night to head home to shoot James & Heidi's wedding this weekend, and on top of packing and everything that comes along with it, I had a lot of other things I needed to get done, and I started worrying about things that were out of my control. This afternoon I was able to spend some time with my boyfriend and I was telling him about how I was nervous and worrying about this certain situation. He reminded me that it was out of my control and I needed to just pray about it. Just pray. Something I had completely forgotten to do. I was relying on myself, and trying to trust in myself and I was failing miserably. I don't know what's going to happen, but God does. And for that reason I need to just pray and trust in Him.

So often, in the busyness of life we forget to just stop and pray. Trying to rely on ourselves will get us no where in this life. But if we just trust in God, and do what He commands us to do, He will give us the grace and strength to make it through anything He brings on our path.

Now, I'm not saying that "I have arrived" so-to-speak in the area of prayer. I still have so much growing to do! I am telling myself this too! I know how it's so easy to just go through the day without even thinking to pray except for when we eat. But I encourage you to join me in making a conscious effort to pray more. God can do amazing things through prayer! 


So I encourage you, no matter what's going on in your own life, to just stop and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment! :) If you have any questions or anything, feel free to email me at elizabethcharlenephotography@gmail.com.